Welcome to the Research and Board Prep Gator Council!
Are you interested in presenting a poster at a medical conference? Below is a spreadsheet with conferences in internal medicine and medicine sub-specialties for you!
Do you want to stay up to date with the most current research and literature in medicine but don’t know how? The websites/links below will provide you with some of the week’s best in evidence-based medicine, including links to articles and short summaries of the results, delivered right to your inbox. They are all free; all you have to do is sign up.
Also provided are some helpful apps you can download on your phone that have the most notable/recent literature and a couple links to some great medicine podcasts.
- The Scope: https://www.medicinescope.com
- AMA Morning Rounds: https://www.ama-assn.org/life-career/email-newsletter-publications
- Medscape (Multiple options for specialties): https://profreg.medscape.com/px/newsletter.do?lang=en
- ACP Internist Weekly (Also has options for hospitalist weekly, Diabetes monthly and GI monthly): http://www.acpinternist.org/subscribe/
- Journal Wise (Multiple options for specialties; need ACP login which was already paid for by UF): https://www.acponline.org/clinical-information/journals-publications/acp-journalwise
- NEJM Journal Watch (Multiple options for specialties): https://secure.jwatch.org/registerm?cpc=JWATCH&promo=OJFLJRGH&step=1
Apps for your phone
- Journal Club ($)
- NEJM This Week
- PodMed (Weekly podcast that reviews recently published articles; episodes are ~10 minutes long): http://podcasts.hopkinsmedicine.org/category/podcasts/podmed/
- Curbsiders (Weekly podcast that uses expert interviews to bring to discuss various topics, clinical guidelines, and occasionally recently published articles [Paradigm-HF, Sprint]): http://thecurbsiders.com/