UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE
INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY TRAINING PROGRAM
- Train future physicians to become well-rounded clinicians, lifelong learners, and future leaders in clinical practice, education, research, and/or administration.
- Provide an intensive educational environment with a diversity of clinical settings which promote progressive responsibility, graduated autonomy, and team-based collaborative care.
- Offer a versatile training program with various educational tracks and electives to cater to residents’ individualized learning needs and career passions.
- Educate residents in the principles of high value care, health care disparities, and population health management.
- Engage residents in quality improvement/patient safety initiatives and scholarly research activity in order to promote a safe, evidence-based learning climate.
- Maintain a culture of wellness and esprit de corps where resident support, camaraderie, and mentorship are top priority.