Department of Medicine: University of Florida
Under the leadership of Robert Hromas, MD, FACP. The Department of Medicine comprises over 175 full-time faculty dedicated to teaching residents, caring for patients, and the pursuit of further scientific knowledge. Many members of the faculty are world renowned experts in their field. These very experts spend time attending on wards, giving lectures, and teaching residents. Many faculty members hold NIH Grants and afford residents the opportunity to conduct cutting edge clinical and basic science research.
The Department of Medicine also has every subspecialty of Internal Medicine:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
- General Internal Medicine
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hospital Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Nephrology, Hypertension & Renal Transplantation
- Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine
- Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology
Each of these subspecialties offers fellowship training programs which add to the strong foundations of teaching and education within the Department.